1. Square - A flat shape with four sides of equal length and four angles of 90 degree.
2. Rectangle - A plane figure with four straight sides and four right angles, especially one with unequal adjacent sides, in contrast to a square.
3. Rhombus - A quadrilateral all of whose sides have the same length.
4. Parallelogram - Parallelograms have 2 pairs of parallel sides.
5. Trapezium - Trapezoids US (Trapeziums UK) have one pair of parallel sides. Some trapezoids have a line of symmetry.
6. Kite - Kites have 2 pairs of equal sides which are adjacent to each other.
7. Pentagon - A plane figure with five straight sides and five angles.
8. Hexagon - A plane figure with six straight sides and angles.
9. Heptagon - A plane figure with seven straight sides and angles.
10. Octagon - A plane figure with eight straight sides and eight angles.
11. Nonagon - A plane figure with nine straight sides and nine angles.
12. Decagon - A plane figure with ten straight sides and angles.
Doubts on this article