1. Carry your CV and other required documents in a folder. Documents should include: mark sheets, salary slips, key certificates, and experience letters (if applicable).
2. Dress smartly. Before going for an interview, practice your answers in front of a mirror.
3. Reach the interview venue before time. It gives you time to look around and relax a bit.
4. Research about the company and job profile while preparing for the interview. Tailor your answers to fit the job role, but always remember to be truthful and accurate.
5. Know your CV well. You should know each and every point on the CV in detail.
6. Prepare a file for all the documents and keep everything in order, so you don't look clumsy in front of the interviewer.
7. When answering questions, make eye contact with the interviewer. It demonstrates confidence.
8. Prepare well for basic questions like, 'Tell me something about yourself', 'Where do you see yourself in five years?' and 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?'. To learn about these topics, go to lessons: 8, 19, and 15 respectively.
9. If you do not understand a question, request the interviewer to elaborate further.
10. Greet everyone when you go in, and request for permission to be seated before you sit.
11. Before leaving, greet them by saying: Thank you for your time. Have a great day!; Don't be too nervous, they are there to select you and you must show your skills.
Doubts on this article