1. Deck - A pack of playing cards
2. Suit - The symbols on each card. Each is called a suit. There are four suits in a deck of cards:
a. Spade (black) - A black, leaf - shaped figure
b. Hearts (red) - A red, heart - shaped figure
c. Club (black) - A black figure shaped like a clover leaf
d. Diamond (red) - a red lozenge - shaped symbol
3. Names of non - numbered cards
a. Ace - A single spot or pip on a playing card, die, or domino
b. King - A playing card bearing the figure of a king, ranking above a queen
c. Queen - A playing card bearing the figure of a queen, ranking above the jack and below the king.
d. Jack - A playing card showing the figure of a servant or soldier and ranking below a queen.
e. Joker - An extra playing card in a pack, which in many card games can substitute for or can rank above any other card.
4. Deal - To distribute (playing cards) among players.
5. Dealer - The person who distributes the cards
6. Face cards - A king, queen, or jack of a deck of playing cards.
7. Hand - The cards held in a card game by a given player at any time.
8. Shuffle - An act of shuffling cards, dominoes, or tiles.
9. Up card - A playing card turned face up on the table
10. Down card - A card that is dealt face down.
Doubts on this article