1. Deepavali in English means 'A row of lights'. (deep = light, avali = a row) - दीपावली का अर्थ होता है दीपों की एक पंक्ति.
2. Exile = the state of being barred from one's native country. - वनवास
E. g. Diwali is the celebration of the return of Lord Ram after 14 years of exile.
3. Ritual = a religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order. एक प्रकार का अनुष्ठान जिसमें कई धार्मिक क्रियाएं की जाती हैं.
E. g. Lakshmi Pooja is a ritual performed on the day of Diwali.
4. Motif = a decorative image or design - एक सजावटी रचना या छवि.
E. g. People decorate the entrance of their house with Rangoli motifs on Diwali.
5. Clay Lamps = Diya - दीपक
E. g. Clay lamps are lit during Diwali.
6. Auspicious = attended by good fortune - शुभ अथवा भाग्यशील
E. g. Diwali is an auspicious occasion for Hindus.
7. Prosperity = a successful, flourishing condition, especially in financial respects - समृद्धि, सफलता और सौभाग्य.
E. g. This Diwali may you be blessed with good fortune, wealth, prosperity, and happiness.
8. Fireworks = आतिशबाज़ी
E. g. On Diwali night, fireworks light up the neighborhood skies.
9. Crackers = a firework that explodes with a sharp noise. पटाखे
E. g. Crackers fascinate both young and old.
10. Illuminated = decorated. जगमगाता हुआ, सुसज्जित
E. g. Homes are illuminated with lamps on Diwali.
Doubts on this article