1. A terrifying ordeal: If something is a terrifying ordeal it is a very frightening experience. (जब केही धेरै डरावना अनुभव हुन्छ. )
E. g. It was such a terrifying ordeal. I'm glad that it's over. (त्यो यति डरावना अनुभव थियो. त्यो लामो थिएन भनेर खुसी छु. )
2. Send shivers down my spine: When something sends shivers down your spine, it terrifies you. (जब कुनै कुरा तपाईंलाई साह्रै डराउन्छ. )
E. g. I watched a horror movie yesterday. Some of the scenes and the sound effects were so frightening that they sent shivers down my spine. (मैंले हिजो हॉरर फिल्म हियर. त्यसका केही दृश्य र स्वर यस्तो थियो कि म साह्रै तर्से. )
3. Give me goose bumps: Goose bumps are the little bumps that your skin gets when you are frightened or cold. (तर्सेर जिरिंग हुनु)
E. g. I can't watch horror films. They give me goose bumps. (म हॉरर फिल्म हेर्दिन. मलाई जिरिंग हुन्छ. )
4. Make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up: If something makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, they scare you. (जिरिंग हुनु)
5. Scare the hell out of me: If something scares the hell out of you, they frighten you.
E. g. I don't like to be alone in the dark, it scares the hell out of me. (मलाई अँध्यारो ले जिरिंग हुन्छ. )
6. Break out in a cold sweat: If you break out in a cold sweat, you begin to perspire a lot, usually from anxiety. (जब तपाईं चिंता वा डर ले पसीना मा हुन्छन. )
E. g. I get nervous at the dentist's and usually break out in a cold sweat. (म दंतचिकित्सक कहाँ धेरै आतिन्छु. )
7. Bundle of nerves: If you describe someone as a bundle of nerves, you mean that they are very nervous, tense or worried.
E. g. My son is doing his driving test today. Needless to say he's a bundle of nerves! (आज मेरो छोरा को ड्राइविंग को टेस्ट छ. म साह्रै आत्तेको छु!)
8. Butterflies in stomach: If you have butterflies in your stomach, you are feeling very nervous.
E. g. At the beginning of an exam, I always have butterflies in my stomach. (मेरो परीक्षा अगाडि ब्यग्र हुन्छ. )
Doubts on this article