1. Greengrocer's (காய்கறி விற்பவர்)
A greengrocer's sells fruit and vegetables. Sometimes they sell a few other things like eggs and milk.
2. Butcher's (இறைச்கிக் கடை / இறைச்சி வெட்டுபவர்)
A butcher's sells meat. Nowadays, most people buy their meat in supermarkets but you can still find a traditional butchers shop in most large towns.
3. Baker's (ரொட்டி, கேக் விற்கப்படும் கடை)
A baker's sells bread and cakes and usually they make them in the same building.
4. Chemist's (மருந்தகம்)
A chemist's is where you go to buy medicines.
5. Stationer's / Stationery shop (எழுதுபொருள் மற்ற அலுவலக பொருட்கள் விற்கும் கடை)
A stationer's is a shop that sells, paper, pencils, pens, printer cartridges and things for an office.
6. Iron monger's / Hardware shop (இரும்புக் கடை)
Iron monger's is a shop that sells, nails, screws, tools and other heavy metal things. They also sell paint, glue and other useful things for the home.
7. Florist's (பூக்கடை)
A florist's is a shop that sells flowers. Most good florists also sell plants in pots and can send flowers to someone in another city.
Doubts on this article