1. New Year's eve (साल को अन्तिम दिन) - the last day of the year; in the modern Western calendar, 31 December.
2. Resolution (संकल्प) - a firm decision to do or not to do something.
3. Stroke of midnight (जब राती को १२ बज्छ ) - When the clock strikes 12
4. Ring in the new year (नया साल को प्रारम्भ को जश्न) - The expression 'ring in the new year' means to celebrate the beginning of the New Year. The expression comes from the tradition of ringing bells around towns on midnight of December 31st.
5. Countdown (माथि बाट तल वा तल बाट माथि गन्ने काम) - the period of time before an important or special event
6. Celebration (समारोह, उत्सब) - to do something special or enjoyable for an important event, occasion, holiday, etc.
7. Festivities (उत्सव, चाडपर्व) enjoyable activities at the time of a holiday or other special occasion
8. Fire works (आतिशबाज़ी) - a small device that explodes to make a display of light and noise
9. Vow (प्रतिज्ञा गर्नु) - a serious promise to do something or to behave in a certain way
Doubts on this article