1. Excuse me: used as a polite apology in various contexts, such as when attempting to get someone's attention, asking someone to move so that one may pass, or interrupting a speaker. (कसैको ध्यान प्राप्त गर्ने प्रयास गर्दा, सार्न भनेर कसैले सोध्दा, वा वक्तालाई दखल दिने रूपमा विभिन्न प्रसङ्गहरू मा प्रयोग हुन्छ)
E. g. Excuse me, May I get by.
2. Pardon: a request to a speaker to repeat something because one did not hear or understand it. (यदी कुरा सुनेन वा बुझिएन भने वक्तालाई पुन: भन्न अनुरोध गर्नु)
E. g. Pardon, please. There's too much noise here.
a. When you accidentally do something wrong. For example, you drop something, or you step on someone accidentally. (जब तपाईं गल्तिले गलत कुरा गर्छन्)
E. g. I'm sorry, I was just trying to get up.
b. When you are trying to request someone to do something. (जब तपाईं केही गर्न कसैले अनुरोध गर्न प्रयास गर्दै हुनुहुन्छ)
E. g. Sorry, would you mind shifting to the next seat?
4. What!?: This is an informal way of saying 'Excuse me'. Also, it is more often used in a negative, surprised or interrogative tone. (यो एक अनौपचारिक तरिका हो। साथै, यो प्राय प्रयोग गरिन्छ एक नकारात्मक छक्क वा प्रशनात्मक स्वर मा)
E. g. Jack: I didn't get your book. I thought I could keep it longer.
Mark: What!? We have an exam tomorrow! How am I going to study now!
5. Forgive me: when you have to leave in the middle of a meeting, or get away from a gathering to attend another one. (तपाईं एक बैठक वा अन्य उपस्थित एक सभालाई बीचमा छोड्न हुँदा)
E. g. Forgive me, I will need to go now. I have to attend a meeting at 5.
6. I beg your pardon: When you don't get what the other person just said. (तपाईं यदी अन्य व्यक्तिले बोलेको नसुन्दा यो बोल्न सक्नु हुन्छ)
E. g. I beg your pardon. Could you repeat the number?
Note: After burping, sneezing etc. , you could say "excuse me", although you could also use "I'm sorry. "
Doubts on this article