1. Setting (बैठाव): Diamond Setting or Gemstone Setting is when the gemstone has been secured in position by the metal used in the piece.
2. Solitaires (आभूषण जिसमें एक रत्न होता है): Solitaires are by definition a jewellery piece, which has a single main gem. The term is used more with diamonds than gemstones.
3. Gold Hallmarking (सोने का प्रमाणांकन): Gold Hallmarking is a stamp imprinted on a jewellery piece that indicates the purity of gold (or its Karatage), its trademark, and other information about the manufacturer.
4. Finish (परिष्कृत करना): Finish is another big aspect when it comes to jewellery. Finish is the final polish given to the metal.
5. Navratna (नवरत्न): The Navratna is a collection of 9 gems, both precious and semi - precious that together are believed to guide the 9 planets. This navratna is assumed to bring its wearer peace and happiness.
6. Facets (नगीने का पहल): Facets are the polished surfaces seen on a gemstone that were designed to allow light to enter and leave the gem.
Some Jewellery items:
1. Trinket (हलका गहना): a small ornament or item of jewellery that is of little value.
2. Brooch (एक प्रकार का गहना जोकि एक पिन द्वारा कपडे पर लगाया जाता है): an ornament fastened to clothing with a hinged pin and catch.
3. Stud (स्टड पिन): an item of jewellery in the form of a piece of metal, precious stone, or other ornament attached to a pin or shaft that passes through a piercing in the body.
4. Cameo (नक्क़ाशी): a piece of jewellery, typically oval in shape, consisting of a portrait in profile carved in relief on a background of a different colour.
Doubts on this article