1. Ballroom: a couples dance where couples move to the music using step - patterns and rhythms that match the character of a given song.
2. Tango: a partner dance that originated in the 1880s along the River Plate, the natural border between Argentina and Uruguay, and soon spread to the rest of the world.
3. Samba: a lively, rhythmical dance of Afro - Brazilian origin.
4. Jive: In ballroom dancing, the jive is a dance style that originated in the United States from African - Americans in the early 1930s. It is a lively and uninhibited variation of the Jitterbug, a form of Swing dance.
5. Moonwalk: This extremely famous dance move that emulates the illusion of walking backwards was first performed by pop icon Michael Jackson in March of 1983.
6. Salsa: a type of Latin American dance music incorporating elements of jazz and rock.
Doubts on this article