1. Magic away : Make something disappear quickly
He MAGICKED the bill AWAY and paid for us all before I could get my wallet out.
2. Make do with : Accept something less satisfactory because there's no alternative
(अर्को विकल्प नहुँदा केही कम सन्तुस्टि दिने काम को स्विक्रिती गर्नु)
There's no coffee, so we'll have to MAKE DO WITH tea.
3. Make for : Head in a certain direction
(कुनै दिशातर्फ जानु)
We MADE FOR home when it started raining.
4. Make into : Change something into something else
Many churches have been MADE INTO flats in recent years.
5. Make it : Arrive or get a result
(पुग्नु वा प्राप्त गर्नु)
I thought you weren't coming, so I was really pleased you MADE IT.
6. Make it up to : Try to compensate for doing something wrong
(गलती गरेको मा भोग गर्नु)
He tried to MAKE IT UP TO her, but she wouldn't speak to him.
7. Mark off : Tick, cross out or otherwise mark something to show that it has been dealt with
(भईसकेको भनेर चीना लगाउनु)
I MARKED OFF the items on the list as I finished them.
Doubts on this article