1. Drink up: If you 'drink up', you finish all your drink. (அனைத்தையும் குடித்து முடித்தல்)
E. g. We seem to have drunk up all the orange juice.
2. Pick at: If you 'pick at' your food, you only eat a small amount of it, usually because you are not hungry, you are on a diet or because you are ill. (பசி இல்லாததால் குறைவாக எடுத்தல்)
E. g. She only picked at her food, even though it was delicious.
3. Cut down or Cut back: If you 'cut down' or 'cut back' on a particular food or drink, you consume less of it. (குறைவாக சாப்பிடுதல்)
E. g. My doctor told me to cut back on the amount of salt in my diet.
4. Eat up: If you 'eat up', you finish all your food. (முழுவதுமாக சாப்பிடுதல்)
E. g. I don't like tripe but I ate it all up when it was served to us by our hosts.
5. Polish off: If you 'polish off' some food, you finish it completely and quickly. (விரைவாக சாப்பிடுதல்)
E. g. The guests polished off all the food in the first thirty minutes.
6. Dish up: If you 'dish up' some food, you put it onto plates or dishes, ready to be served. (சாப்பிடுவதற்காக தட்டில் வைத்தல்)
E. g. I've heard she is going to dish up something really special.
Doubts on this article