1. To buy sb off: To pay someone so that they do not cause you any trouble.
2. To buy sb out: To buy a part of a company or building from someone else so that you own all of it.
3. To buy sth up: To buy large amounts of something, or all that is available.
4. To cash in on sth: To get money or another advantage from an event or situation, often in an unfair way.
5. To cash up: To count all the money taken by a shop or business at the end of each day.
6. To pay sth off: To pay back money that you owe.
*sb - somebody
*sth - something
Doubts on this article