1. Eat out – to dine at a restaurant rather than at home.
2. Sit down – to take a seat.
3. Cook away – slow cooking; to cook slowly over a long period of time.
4. Chop up – to cut into small pieces.
5. Fry up – to fry up means to cook (food) in fat or oil. A fry - up (noun) is a dish or meal of fried food.
6. Plate up – to put food on a plate ready to be served.
7. Tuck into – to eat food with enthusiasm because you like it or because you are hungry.
8. Splash out – to spend money freely on something
9. Boil over – when liquid in a pot starts to come out over the top.
10. Peel off – to remove the skin from a vegetable or fruit.
11. Slice up – to cut something into slices.
Doubts on this article