1. Branch out (बढ़ाना) - expand
E. g. We need to branch out into new markets.
2. Break into (घुस जाना) - enter (with effort or force)
E. g. It is difficult to break into the American market.
3. Carry on (चालू रखना) - continue
E. g. John carried on working after the shop closed.
4. Close down (बंद कर देना) - stop operating
E. g. The company had to close down because of financial problems.
5. Look forward to (किसी चीज़ का इंतज़ार करना) - anticipate with pleasure
E. g. I look forward to meeting you next week.
6. Note down (लिखना) - write
E. g. Note down the address so you don't forget.
7. Step down (इस्तीफा देना) - resign or leave (a position/job)
E. g. The manager stepped down for family reasons.
8. Take off (उड़ना) - rise quickly
E. g. Sales took off last quarter.
Clarifying Things on a Phone Call:
When talking on a conference call, there is a chance that your Internet connection will be poor, or that the quality of the call will be poor. In these cases, you might miss out on something that someone said.
1. "Could you speak more slowly, please?" - क्या आप थोड़ा धीमे बोल सकते हैं?
2. "Could you repeat that, please?" - क्या आप कृपया दोहरा सकते हैं?
3. "Would you mind spelling that for me, please?" - क्या आप मुझे इसकी spelling बता सकते हैं?
4. "Could you explain that in another way, please?" - क्या आप इसे किसी और तरीके से समझा सकते हैं?
5. "I'm afraid I didn't get that. " - माफ़ कीजियेगा मुझे यह समझ नहीं आया
Doubts on this article