1. Ace a test: to get a perfect score or to do very well on a test
E. g. I'm going to study real hard so that I can ace the test.
2. Blow something: to do something poorly, to fail something
E. g. I can't believe I blew another test. My grades are going down the tube.
3. Brush up on: to review
E. g. We need to brush up on our Spanish since we are going to Mexico next month for vacation.
4. Draw a blank: to suddenly forget
E. g. I missed that test question, but I totally knew the answer. I just drew a blank.
5. Drop out: to quit school or someone who quit school
E. g. Man, I'm tired of school. I think I'll drop out and do a little traveling.
6. Hand in: to submit
E. g. Don't forget to hand in your homework.
7. Know - it - all: someone who annoyingly thinks he knows everything
E. g. Max is such a know - it - all. He thinks he knows everything.
Doubts on this article