1. On cloud nine: A person who is on cloud nine is very happy because something wonderful has happened. (धेरै खुसी हुनु)
E. g. When the boss announced my promotion, I was on cloud nine.
2. Cry one's eyes out: If you cry your eyes out, you cry a lot and for a long time. (एक लामो समय पछी धेरै रुनु)
E. g. My son cried his eyes out when he discovered his bike had been stolen.
3. Like a dog with two tails: If someone is like a dog with two tails, they are extremely happy. (अति खुसी हुनु)
E. g. When Paul won the first prize he was like a dog with two tails.
4. Down in the dumps: Someone who is down in the dumps is depressed or feeling gloomy. (निराश वा उदास हुनु)
E. g. Alex has been down in the dumps since he failed his exam.
5. Down in the mouth: When someone is down in the mouth, they look unhappy, discouraged or depressed(दुखी निरुत्साहित वा निराश हुनु)
E. g. You look a bit down in the mouth. What's the matter?
6. Face like a wet week - end: If someone has a face like a wet week - end, they look sad and miserable. (दुःखी र दयनीय देखिनु)
E. g. What's wrong with Pete? He's got a face like a wet week - end!
7. Fool's paradise: If someone is living in a fool's paradise, they are in a state of contentment that will not last because their happiness is based
on illusion or false hope. (आनन्द जो कि भ्रम वा गलत आशा मा आधारित छ)
E. g. Lisa is living in a fool's paradise if she thinks her boss is going to marry her.
Doubts on this article