1. On cloud nine: A person who is on cloud nine is very happy because something wonderful has happened. (நினைத்த ஒரு செயல் நடந்ததால் மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருத்தல்)
E. g. When the boss announced my promotion, I was on cloud nine.
2. Cry one's eyes out: If you cry your eyes out, you cry a lot and for a long time. (அதிக நேரம் அழுதல்)
E. g. My son cried his eyes out when he discovered his bike had been stolen.
3. Like a dog with two tails: If someone is like a dog with two tails, they are extremely happy. (மிக அதிக மிகழ்ச்சியில் இருப்பது)
E. g. When Paul won the first prize he was like a dog with two tails.
4. Down in the dumps: Someone who is down in the dumps is depressed or feeling gloomy. (மிக சோர்வான, மனஅழுத்த நிலையில் இருத்தல்)
E. g. Alex has been down in the dumps since he failed his exam.
5. Down in the mouth: When someone is down in the mouth, they look unhappy, discouraged or depressed. (மகிழ்ச்சியற்ற, சோகமான மனநிலை)
E. g. You look a bit down in the mouth. What's the matter?
6. Face like a wet week - end: If someone has a face like a wet week - end, they look sad and miserable. (மனவருத்தமான உற்சாகமற்ற நிலை)
E. g. What's wrong with Pete? He's got a face like a wet week - end!
7. Fool's paradise: If someone is living in a fool's paradise, they are in a state of contentment that will not last because their happiness is based on illusion or false hope. (
E. g. Lisa is living in a fool's paradise if she thinks her boss is going to marry her(சாத்தியமற்ற அல்லது தவறான நம்பிக்கையைக் கொண்டு மகிழ்வான மனநிலையில் இருத்தல்)
Doubts on this article