1. (as) quiet as the grave (बिलकुल शांत): Totally silent, especially as produces an ominous or foreboding effect.
E. g. I hate staying in my grandma's house. It gets as quiet as the grave at nighttime, and it really creeps me out.
2. So quiet you could hear a pin drop (इतना शांत कि एक सुई भी गिरे तो उसकी आवाज़ आएगी): Extremely quiet and still.
E. g. After the boss's outburst, the meeting room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
3. On the quiet (informal) (गुप्त रूप से): secretly
E. g. His marriage broke up when his wife found out he'd been seeing someone else on the quiet.
4. Better keep still about it (चुप रहना ही ठीक है): Better keep quiet about it
A particular person ought not to tell about or discuss something. (The someone can stand for any person's name, any pronoun, or even the word someone meaning "you - know - who. " If there is no Someone had, the phrase is a mild admonition to keep quiet about something. )
E. g. Mary: I saw you with Bill last night.
Jane: You'd better keep quiet about it.
5. Let's go somewhere where it's (more) quiet. (कहीं ऐसी जगह चलते हैं जहाँ थोड़ी शान्ति हो)
Let us continue our conversation where there is less noise or where we will not be disturbed.
E. g. Tom: Hi, Mary. It's sure crowded here. Mary: Yes, let's go somewhere where it's quiet.
6. Quiet down: to become quiet; to become less noisy. (शांत हो जाना)
E. g. Ask them to quiet down.
7. Be as quiet as a mouse: to be very quiet (बहुत चुप रहना)
E. g. She was as quiet as a mouse. I didn't even know she'd come in.
Doubts on this article