1. (as) quiet as the grave: Totally silent, especially as produces an ominous or foreboding effect. (गम्भीर रूपमा शान्त)
E. g. I hate staying in my grandma's house. It gets as quiet as the grave at nighttime, and it really creeps me out.
2. So quiet you could hear a pin drop: Extremely quiet and still. (अत्यन्तै शान्त)
E. g. After the boss's outburst, the meeting room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
3. On the quiet (informal): secretly(लुकिलुकी)
E. g. His marriage broke up when his wife found out he'd been seeing someone else on the quiet.
4. Better keep still about it: Better keep quiet about it(केही कुरा बारे छलफल नगर्नु)
A particular person ought not to tell about or discuss something. (The someone can stand for any person's name, any pronoun, or even the word someone meaning "you - know - who. " If there is no Someone had, the phrase is a mild admonition to keep quiet about something. )
E. g. Mary: I saw you with Bill last night.
Jane: You'd better keep quiet about it.
5. Let's go somewhere where it's (more) quiet.
Let us continue our conversation where there is less noise or where we will not be disturbed. (हामी कहाँ कम हल्ला वा हामी कहाँ विचलित हुनेछैन त्यहा कुराकानी जारी गरौं)
Tom: Hi, Mary. It's sure crowded here. Mary: Yes, let's go somewhere where it's quiet. Bill: We need to talk. Sally: Yes, we do. Let's go somewhere where it's more quiet.
6. Quiet down: to become quiet; to become less noisy. (कम हल्ला गर्नु)
E. g. Ask them to quiet down.
7. Be as quiet as a mouse: to be very quiet(धेरै शान्त हुनु)
E. g. She was as quiet as a mouse. I didn't even know she'd come in.
Doubts on this article