1. Pull over (गाड़ी रोड के एक तरफ खड़ी कर लेना): (of a vehicle) move to the side of or off the road.
E. g. To resolve the fight between the two truck drivers, the policeman pulled over his vehicle.
2. A commute (to commute) (यात्रा जो आप काम पर जाने के लिए करते हैं): the journey to work
E. g. He commutes to work by car.
3. Contraflow (जब लोग उलटी तरफ से आने लगते हैं): a temporary arrangement where traffic on a road is transferred from its usual side to share the other half of the carriageway with traffic moving in the opposite direction.
E. g. Contraflow is sometimes the main reason of traffic jam in city area.
4. To beat the traffic (किसी जगह के लिए जल्दी निकलना ताकि ट्रैफिक से बचे रहे): to leave somewhere earlier than others in order to avoid the traffic at the peak times of the day.
E. g. I am going to leave at 6am to beat the traffic.
5. Rush hour (जब ट्रैफिक बहुत ज़्यादा होता है): a time during each day when traffic is at its heaviest.
E. g. Hey, we should stay for a while. These are rush hours, let us enjoy the music for some more time.
6. Congestion (जब बहुत भीड़ होती है और आपको जाने का रास्ता नहीं मिलता): when it becomes difficult to find a way and move ahead because of huge traffic, there is supposed to be a congestion.
E. g. In village areas, movements of the cattle in the middle of the road often creates congestion.
7. Gridlock (जब बहुत ज़्यादा ट्रैफिक हो): a situation of very severe traffic congestion.
E. g. Gridlock is the main problem of traffic jam on Sunday evenings and festival times.
Doubts on this article