Usage of 'Some' and 'Any':
1. The exact number is not known.
2. The exact number is not important or relevant.
3. They are used with countable or uncountable nouns.
Usage of 'Some':
1. Countable nouns - Some people in my school like rock music.
2. Uncountable - There was some snowfall here last winter.
3. Positive sentences - I have some friends.
4. To make an offering - we use some here when we expect the answer to be, 'yes. ' – Would you like some water?
5. To make requests - Can I borrow some money?
Usage of 'Any':
1. Negative sentences - I don't have any friends.
2. To ask questions - Is there any fruit?
Doubts on this article