1. Grinder: a machine used for grinding something.
"A coffee grinder"
2. Hammer: a tool with a heavy metal head mounted at right angles at the end of a handle, used for jobs such as breaking things and driving in nails.
"They work the stone with hammer and chisel"
3. Saw: a hand or power tool or a machine used to cut hard material (such as wood, metal, or bone) and equipped usually with a toothed blade or disk.
"Cut the wood with a saw"
4. Chisel: a long - bladed hand tool with a bevelled cutting edge and a handle which is struck with a hammer or mallet, used to cut or shape wood, stone, or metal.
"Cut away the tiles with a broad - bladed steel chisel"
5. Nail: a small metal spike with a broadened flat head, driven into wood to join things together or to serve as a hook.
"Don't try and hammer nails into the wall"
6. Pulley: a piece of equipment for moving heavy objects up or down, consisting of a small wheel
"The blocks of stone had to be lifted into position with a system of pulleys. "
7. Shovel: a tool resembling a spade with a broad blade and typically upturned sides, used for moving coal, earth, snow, or other material.
"An area of turf had been dug up by vandals using a pick and shovel"
8. Sickle: a short - handled farming tool with a semicircular blade, used for cutting corn, lopping, or trimming.
"The bruise was a dull, greenish sickle of shadow"
9. Axe: a tool used for chopping wood, typically of iron with a steel edge and wooden handle.
"I started swinging the axe at the lumps of driftwood"
10. Screw: a nail - shaped or rod - shaped piece of metal with a winding ridge around its length used for fastening and holding pieces together
"We fastened the rope with a screw"
11. Drill: a tool or machine with a rotating cutting tip or reciprocating hammer or chisel, used for making holes.
"We need to use a drill to cast a hole"
12. Tongs: an instrument with two movable arms that are joined at one end, used for picking up and holding things.
"Use the tongs for sugar. "
Doubts on this article