1. Further - about the degree
E. g. The first team has gone furthest in its analysis.
2. Farther - about distance
E. g. The farthest point from the sun.
3. Especially - particularly
E. g. He despised them all, especially Tom.
4. Specially - for a purpose
E. g. A new coat and hat, bought specially for your wedding.
5. Older - comparing ages of people
E. g. This building is older than that one.
6. Elder - comparing ages of the family members
E. g. My elder daughter is 11.
7. Altogether - completely, in total
E. g. I stopped seeing her altogether.
8. All together - all in one place
E. g. They arrived all together.
9. Beside - next to
E. g. He sat beside me in the front seat.
10. Besides - in addition to
E. g. I have no other family besides my parents.
Doubts on this article