1. Sleep like a log: to sleep very well, without being woken by any noises
E. g. I can't believe you finished a triathalon! You're going to sleep like a log tonight.
2. Saved by the bell: to be rescued from a difficulty at the last moment
E. g. Luckily my bus arrived before I had time to reply. Saved by the bell.
3. You can count on me: to depend on someone to do what you want or expect them to do for you.
E. g. You can always count on him for good advice.
4. An eye opener: something that surprises you and teaches you new facts about life, people, etc.
E. g. This summer's tour was an eye - opener for her.
5. Time flies: used as an observation that time seems to pass very quickly.
E. g. People say time flies when you're having fun.
6. Jump off the page: he/ she is extraordinarily intelligent or talented
E. g. The characters are so real that they jump/leap off the page.
7. Not my cup of tea: not what one likes or is interested in.
E. g. Cats were not her cup of tea.
Doubts on this article