1. R. S. V. P. – This acronym means "Répondez s'il vous plait, " French for "respond, if you please. " It is often used on invitations to parties and special events, and is intended (as it says) to be responded to with a "yes, we will attend, " or "no, we will not. "
2. P. S. – Means "post script. " At the end of a letter, people will often include a P. S. to include an extra thought that was intended to be included in the letter, but forgotten. Using a P. S. was more common in typewritten letters, when you couldn’t go back and add a sentence in the body of a letter.
3. A. S. A. P. – "As soon as possible, " used when encouraging someone to respond to a request without delay.
4. E. T. A. – This acronym means "estimated time of arrival, " and is used as a guess for when one expects to arrive while traveling.
5. B. Y. O. B. – "Bring your own bottle" is used for parties where guests are expected to bring their own beverages.
6. D. I. Y. – This acronym stands for "do it yourself, " which means creating something on your own. It is often used for crafts and home repairs.
7. AFAIK - as far as I know
8. BRB - be right back
9. LOL - laugh - out - loud
10. ROFL - rolling on the floor laughing
11. NP - No Problem
Doubts on this article