1. I'm heading to the university - I'll give you a ride if you want.
The verb "heading to" is an informal way to say "going to" or "traveling to, " and the expression "I'll give you a ride" means "I will take you in my car to the destination. "
2. Back up - To go in reverse
E. g. We need to back up because the road is blocked ahead.
3. Pull over - To stop on the side of the road
E. g. Can you pull over? I want to get my jacket out of the trunk.
4. Fill up - To put gasoline in the car
E. g. We should stop at the next gas station and fill up.
5. Cut someone off - To block someone
E. g. The red car just cut me off.
6. Run over - To hit something with the car
E. g. Drive very slowly in the parking lot. We don't want to run over anyone.
Doubts on this article