1. New Year's eve (साल का आखिरी दिन) - the last day of the year; in the modern Western calendar, 31 December.
2. Resolution (संकल्प) - a firm decision to do or not to do something.
3. Stroke of midnight (जब रात के १२ बजते हैं) - When the clock strikes 12
4. Ring in the new year (नए साल की शुरआत का जश्न) - The expression 'ring in the new year' means to celebrate the beginning of the New Year. The expression comes from the tradition of ringing bells around towns on midnight of December 31st.
5. Countdown (उल्टी गिनती) - the period of time before an important or special event
6. Celebration (त्योहार, जशन) - to do something special or enjoyable for an important event, occasion, holiday, etc.
7. Festivities (उत्सव, जशन) - enjoyable activities at the time of a holiday or other special occasion
8. Fire works (आतिशबाज़ी) - a small device that explodes to make a display of light and noise
9. Vow (प्रतिज्ञा करना) - a serious promise to do something or to behave in a certain way
Doubts on this article