1. Asterisk : as - ter - isk, not as - ter - ik
Asterisk: a symbol (*) used in text as a pointer to an annotation or footnote.
2. Disastrous: di - zas - tres, not di - zas - ter - es
Disastrous: causing great damage.
3. Nuclear: noo - klee - ur, not noo - kyu - lur
Nuclear: denoting, possessing, or involving weapons using nuclear energy.
4. Prerogative: pre - rog - a - tive, not per - rog - a - tive
Prerogative: a right or privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class.
5. Spurious: spyoor - ee - us, not spur - ee - us
Spurious: not being what it purports to be; false or fake.
6. Triathlon: try - ath - lon, not try - ath - a - lon
Triathlon: an athletic contest consisting of three different events, typically swimming, cycling, and long - distance running.
7. Peremptory: per - emp - tuh - ree, not pre - emp - tuh - ree
Peremptory: insisting on immediate attention or obedience, especially in a brusquely imperious way.
8. Etcetera: et - set - er - a, not ek - set - er - a
Etcetera: used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included.
9. Nuptial: nup - shul, not nup - shoo - al
Nuptial: relating to marriage or weddings.
10. Picture: pik - cher, not pit - cher
Picture: a painting or drawing.
Doubts on this article