There are 24 hours in a day. The day is divided into day(time) and night( - time). Daytime is from sunrise (this varies, but we can say approximately 6am) to sunset (we can say approximately 6pm). Night - time is from sunset to sunrise.
1. AM (ante - meridiem = before noon) - starts just after midnight
2. PM (post - meridiem=after noon) - starts just after midday
3. Dawn - the first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise.
4. Dusk - the darker part of twilight especially at night
5. Twilight - the soft glowing light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, caused by the reflection of the sun's rays from the atmosphere.
6. Sunset - the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades.
7. Sunrise - the time in the morning when the sun appears or full daylight arrives.
8. Morning - the period of time between midnight and noon, especially from sunrise to noon.
9. Midday/Noon - the middle of the day; 12pm
10. Afternoon - the time from noon or lunchtime to evening
11. Midnight - twelve o'clock at night.
Doubts on this article