Therefore, when it comes to listing the most haunted places in India, there is not better country to start with.
These abandoned places in India have become places of interest for those who are fascinated by the supernatural. So steel your nerves, and take a peek into a list of haunted places in India.
1. Indian Ghost Town of Bhangarh – Ajabgarh, Rajasthan – The town that has attracted visitors from all over the country is one of the spookiest places to go to. But beware you cannot go here after sunset.
2. Dumas beach Gujarat - Dumas Beach in Gujarat already has an ominous ring to its name. Therefore, it is not surprising that it is considered as one of the most haunted places in India. This beach is located very near Surat, one of the developed cities of the state. This particular beach draws countless visitors almost every day as legend has it that the winds which blow fiercely come along with whispers.
3. D’Souza Chawl, Mahim Mumbai - D’Souza Chawl in Mahim, Mumbai is also considered as among the haunted places in India. There have been many ghost stories surrounding one particular well in the chawl which is considered to be haunted. Residents of the chawl believe that there was a woman, who while filling water from the well, plunged to her death since the well was boundary - less
4. Shaniwarwada Fort, Pune - Legend has it that during a full moon, the level of supernatural activity increases. The mysterious story surrounding this fort talks about how a young prince was brutally murdered by one of his very own relatives in the fort.
5. Bombay Supreme court - Story has it that for over 30 years whenever a murder trial is conducted here a vengeful bilingual ghost makes itself known by cursing and terrorizing anyone brave (or foolish) enough to enter.
6. Delhi Cant - Most of the times, people see a lady standing in white dress asking for lift. If you go through she will run as fast as the car runs & people reported her sitting there.
7. Jatinga, Assam - Mass suicide has always managed to freak us out. Imagine walking on a road and watching birds fall to death. These are mass suicide committed by birds. Jatinga a village in Assam has witnessed this paranormal phenomenon for years. What is creepier is the fact that this happens only on no - moon days between 6. 00 PM to 9. 30 PM, during the months of September and October. It is also said that these bird suicides happen only on a stretch of 1 mile by 600 ft land.
8. The National Library, Kolkata - The National Library in Kolkata is not only well known for its stupendous book collection but is also identified as cursed and possessed.
9. Tunnel 33. Shimla - Tunnel number 33, has instilled fear in the minds of travellers being one of the creepiest haunted places in India. This tunnel falls on the Shimla - Kalka railway stretch. It is the longest and straightest tunnel located close to the Barog railway station.
10. Savoy hotel, Mussoorie - If you have read Agatha Christie’s best - seller ‘The Mysterious Affair at Styles’, then you could relate to this story. We are talking about the haunting of Savoy Hotel in Mussoorie. According to the legend, Lady Garnet Orme was found dead in one of the rooms in this hotel. The investigation proved that she was poisoned and murdered. The employees of the hotel and the customers have sensed her presence here. They also claim hearing weird noises from the room where was killed.
Doubts on this article