There are many lessons that can be learned from this incident.
1. Timely and accurate information about the incident was shared by the communication experts. There was one agenda and everyone was on the same page.
2. There was impeccable coordination with respect to media updates and spokespersons' in sharing the complex details of the rescue mission with the global audience.
3. There were no contradictory statements, accusations or counter - accusations from the panic - stricken parents and relatives or even the spokespersons.
4. One needs to undertake meticulous planning. The obstacles presented in this cave were considerable and quite challenging. One needs to test the plan, refine and execute it. The plan was reviewed and refined further to gain greater efficiencies.
5. During the entire operation, the coach did his absolute best to keep the optimism of the boys at a high level despite the severity of the circumstances. It's not just about the words you say but it's more about the attitude of the leader.
Ability to adapt, decision making capability, the necessary resources and attitude are all key leadership lessons observed in Thailand over the month.
Doubts on this article