1. Get together: gather or assemble socially or to cooperate.
E. g. Shall we get together on Friday and go for a drink or something?
2. Bring up: to look after a child until he/she is an adult.
E. g. He was brought up by his grandmother.
3. Grow up: to gradually become an adult.
E. g. I grew up in Scotland.
4. Take after: to be similar to an older member of the family.
E. g. He takes after his mother's side of the family.
5. Grow apart: to gradually have a less close relationship.
E. g. He and his wife had been growing apart for at least a year.
6. Mix up: a confusion of one thing with another.
E. g. They look so alike that it’s easy to mix them up.
7. Hang out with: to spend time with someone.
E. g. This weekend I am hanging out with my family.
8. Ring up: to make a phone call to someone.
E. g. Sam rang me up last weekend.
Doubts on this article