1. New Year's eve - the last day of the year; in the modern Western calendar, 31 December.
2. Resolution - a firm decision to do or not to do something.
3. Stroke of midnight - When the clock strikes 12
4. Ring in the new year - The expression 'ring in the new year' means to celebrate the beginning of the New Year. The expression comes from the tradition of ringing bells around towns on midnight of December 31st.
5. Countdown - the period of time before an important or special event
6. Celebration - to do something special or enjoyable for an important event, occasion, holiday, etc.
7. Festivities - enjoyable activities at the time of a holiday or other special occasion
8. Fireworks - a small device that explodes to make a display of light and noise
9. Vow - a serious promise to do something or to behave in a certain way
Doubts on this article