If someone asks ''how are you''?, then there are a few ways to answer this question:
1. I'm fine, thanks! - this is a simple straight formal answer.
I am fine, thank you! What about you?
2. Pretty good - this is a very informal answer, much more casual
I am pretty good, thank you for asking.
3. Not bad - this is a more friendly - sounding answer than "fine".
Not bad, you tell me?
4. Great! - informal enthusiastic answer
I am doing great, thanks!
5. Couldn't be better - when you reply this to how are you, this means, you're currently in a happy state
Couldn't be better! I just got promoted.
6. Can't complain - this term means that nothing is wrong
I can't complain!
7. I've been busy - this answer means, you have had a lot to do in the recent past
I have been busy with things, what about you?
8. Same as always - this is quite casual and should be used with friends or family, only.
Same as always, thank you for asking!
9. Not so great - used for saying that something is not as good as it should be
I am not doing that great!
10. Could have been better - an unhappy response to a question about one's well - being.
I could have been better.
Doubts on this article