1. Hang on a moment: used to tell someone to wait or to stop for a brief time
E. g. "Aren't you finished yet?"
"Hold on a moment. "
2. Give me a minute/second: used to ask someone to wait for a short period of time.
E. g. Give me a minute, I'll call you back.
3. I'll be right with you: used for saying that someone is coming very soon.
E. g. Make yourself at home. I’ll be right with you.
4. You'll just have to be patient: when you have to tell someone that something will take time
E. g. You just had a fight, you'll just have to be patient.
5. Sorry, I'm a bit tied up right now: when you have to tell someone you're busy and the person should wait
E. g. I'm tied up right now. I'm busy with a client.
6. Give me a chance: Please give me a fair chance and enough time to complete the task.
E. g. Alice: Come on! I need more time to finish the test. Give me a chance!
7. Wait and see: wait to find out what will happen before doing something.
E. g. We will have to wait and see what happens.
Doubts on this article