1. Formal: Hi, nice to meet you. Let me introduce myself. I am Aman Singh. I work for ABC Private Limited. May I know your name, please?
2. Formal: Hi, are you Akshay Singh? Nice to meet you. I am Manisha Sharma. We spoke over the phone yesterday. I am from ABC Private Limited.
3. Formal: Thank you for having me here, today. My name is Rita Singh. Pleasure meeting you all.
4. At a party: Hi, I am Raj's friend, Aman. Are you Priya? Raj has told me so much about you. It is nice to meet you in person.
5. Informal (pet name): My name is Aman, but you could call me Jolly. That's what most people call me.
6. Informal (pet name): My name is Aman Singh. I also go by 'Lucky'.
7. At a wedding: Hi, I am Rekha. I am the bride's cousin. Are you from the groom's side?
8. Asking for introductions:
i. May I know your name, please?
ii. Hi, I am Aman, Raj's best friend, and you are?
iii. Are you here for the interview as well? I am Aman, by the way. And you are?
iv. Hi, I am Saket. I haven't seen you around - are you a recent recruit? What is your name?
Doubts on this article