1. On cloud nine (जब कोई बहुत खुश होता है): A person who is on cloud nine is very happy because something wonderful has happened.
E. g. When the boss announced my promotion, I was on cloud nine.
2. Cry one's eyes out (जब आप बहुत रोते हैं): If you cry your eyes out, you cry a lot and for a long time.
E. g. My son cried his eyes out when he discovered his bike had been stolen.
3. Like a dog with two tails (जब कोई बहुत खुश होता है): If someone is like a dog with two tails, they are extremely happy.
E. g. When Paul won the first prize he was like a dog with two tails.
4. Down in the dumps (जब कोई दुखी होता है): Someone who is down in the dumps is depressed or feeling gloomy.
E. g. Alex has been down in the dumps since he failed his exam.
5. Down in the mouth (जब कोई उदास लगता है): When someone is down in the mouth, they look unhappy, discouraged or depressed.
E. g. You look a bit down in the mouth. What's the matter?
6. Face like a wet week - end (जब कोई दुखी लगता है): If someone has a face like a wet week - end, they look sad and miserable.
E. g. What's wrong with Pete? He's got a face like a wet week - end!
7. Fool's paradise (जब किसी की ख़ुशी झूठ पर निर्भर करती है): If someone is living in a fool's paradise, they are in a state of contentment that will not last because their happiness is based on illusion or false hope.
E. g. Lisa is living in a fool's paradise if she thinks her boss is going to marry her.
Doubts on this article