1. Act up (बुरा बर्ताव करना क्या ठीक से काम न करना): To act is to behave badly or to function improperly.
E. g. Whenever we have guests, the children will start acting up.
2. Act on (कोई चीज़ करना क्योंकि आपको वह करने के लिए कहा गया हो): To act on something is to do something because you have been asked to do so.
E. g. I am acting on the advice of my advocate. (= My advocate has asked me to follow a certain course of action. )
3. Act out (अपनी भावनाएं व्यक्त करना): To act out is to express your feelings through your words or actions.
E. g. She was acting out her feelings of insecurity by aggressively guarding her privacy.
4. Ask out (किसी को date के लिए कहना): To ask somebody out is to invite them on a date.
E. g. If you have a huge crush on her, why don’t you ask her out on a date?
5. Ask over (किसी को अपने घर पर बुलाना): To ask somebody over is to invite them to your home.
E. g. We could ask them over for dinner.
Doubts on this article