1. Act up: To act is to behave badly or to function improperly. (नराम्ररो व्यवहार वा अनुचित कार्य गर्नु )
E. g. Whenever we have guests, the children will start acting up.
2. Act on: To act on something is to do something because you have been asked to do so. (केहि कार्य गर्न आग्रह गरिएको हुना ले केही गर्नु)
E. g. I am acting on the advice of my advocate. (= My advocate has asked me to follow a certain course of action. )
3. Act out: To act out is to express your feelings through your words or actions. (शब्द वा कार्यहरू मार्फत आफ्नो भावना व्यक्त गर्नु)
E. g. She was acting out her feelings of insecurity by aggressively guarding her privacy.
4. Ask out: To ask somebody out is to invite them on a date. (प्रेम्सम्बन्धी मेलको लागि निमन्त्रणा दिनु)
E. g. If you have a huge crush on her, why don’t you ask her out on a date?
5. Ask over: To ask somebody over is to invite them to your home. (घर आउने निमन्त्रणा दिनु)
E. g. We could ask them over for dinner.
Doubts on this article