1. Commit oneself on something (किसी चीज़ के लिए सहमत होना): to agree to something; to promise or pledge to do something.
E. g. I'm sorry, but I can't commit myself on this matter until I know more details.
2. Commit someone or something for something (किसी को किसी चीज़ के लिए वादा करना): to promise someone or something for a particular purpose or time.
E. g. I can't commit myself for Friday night. We are unable to commit any more funds for your project.
3. Commit someone or something to something (किसी को कोई चीज़ सौंपना): to pledge or assign someone or something to something.
E. g. The boss committed Ralph to the task.
4. Commit something to memory (किसी चीज़ को याद कर लेना): to memorize something.
E. g. Do we have to commit this poem to memory?
5. Commit to someone (शादी कर लेना या किसी से रिश्ता बनाना): to marry or enter into an exclusive relationship with another person.
E. g. Jane says she loves me, but she's not ready to commit to any one person.
Doubts on this article