1. Commit oneself on something: to agree to something; to promise or pledge to do something.
E. g. I'm sorry, but I can't commit myself on this matter until I know more details.
2. Commit someone or something for something: to promise someone or something for a particular purpose or time.
E. g. I can't commit myself for Friday night. We are unable to commit any more funds for your project.
3. Commit someone or something to something: to pledge or assign someone or something to something.
E. g. The boss committed Ralph to the task.
4. Commit something to memory: to memorize something.
E. g. Do we have to commit this poem to memory?
5. Commit to someone: to marry or enter into an exclusive relationship with another person.
E. g. Jane says she loves me, but she's not ready to commit to any one person.
Doubts on this article