1. Spot: When someone assists another person with an exercise. E. g. “Can you spot me?” or “I need a spotter. ”
2. Rep: Short for repetitions. This is how many times you do a single exercise in a row.
E. g. “I did shoulder presses for 12 reps at that weight”.
3. Super Set: Refers to a combination of complimentary exercises done back to back in one “super set” with little to no rest.
E. g. “I did a super set of shoulder presses and lateral raises”
4. Circuit: This is a series of different exercises that are performed back to back with little to no rest.
5. Ripped: Someone is ripped when they have very low body fat and muscle separation is visible and defined.
E. g. “That guys is ripped!”
6. Cut: Refers to the sharp lines of definition around muscles.
E. g. “I can see the cuts in your legs. ”
7. Lean Mass: Refers to the amount of muscle you have.
8. BMR: Basal Metabolic Rate, which is the amount of calories you burn at rest.
9. Intervals: Interval training is when you train at a low intensity for a period of time, followed by a high intensity.
Doubts on this article