1. That's a bit (quite) steep.
A: What is the best price that you would offer for this?
B: It is priced at Rupees 1, 000.
A: That is quite steep! Is there nothing that can be done to lower this?
2. That's a bit pricey.
Example: Your manager told me that this laptop would cost 30, 000 rupees. That is a bit pricey, to be honest. Can you try to get me a discount on this?
3. To cost an arm and a leg: it is an idiom that means 'to be very expensive'.
Example: This car would cost me an arm and a leg. Please offer me a fair price.
4. To pay through the nose: pay much more than a fair price.
Example: Can we rework the pricing for this holiday package? We paid through the nose for our vacation last time. I hope you'd offer me a better price this time.
Example: The prices at your store are exorbitant. I don't think I'd be able to afford this shirt. Are any other pieces on discount?
6. Break the bank: be so expensive that it ends up using up all the savings
Example: If these shoes are not available on discount, buying them would mean breaking the bank.
7. Pay top dollar: an idiom that means to pay a lot of money for something.
Example: We cannot pay top dollar for the furniture. Can you offer a discount?
Doubts on this article