When somebody's birthday is around, you could use the following phrases:
1. Blow out the candles: When somebody is about to cut the cake, you could tell him to blow out the candles; Neha forgot to blow the candles before she cut the cake
2. Throw a party: When somebody gives a party; Ajay threw a party for his niece's first birthday.
3. Make a wish: Before you cut the cake you make a wish.
4. Birthday bash: When somebody throws a party for their birthday it is called a birthday bash.
5. R. S. V. P is usually written over a card, when somebody invites you they need a confirmation of the same.
1. The life and soul of the party = the person who's at the center of all parties!
E. g. She's the life and soul of the party.
2. Let your hair down = forget all your inhibitions.
E. g. Go on! Let your hair down for once and have a good time.
3. Have a whale of a time = have a great time
E. g. We had a whale of a time at Sonia's birthday.
4. Paint the town red = have a wild time
E. g. They painted the town red all weekend.
5. A party animal = a person who loves going to parties
E. g. John is a real party animal. He's never at home.
6. A social butterfly = a person with lots of friends and acquaintances.
E. g. She's a bit of a social butterfly.
Doubts on this article