1. To get dumped(ನಿಮ್ಮನ್ನು ಬಿಡುವುದು ) - If someone breaks up with you, you can say you got dumped.
2. To split up(ಇಬ್ಬರು ಬೇರೆಯಾಗುವುದು) - This means that two people have separated, without saying who dumped who!
3. We need to talk(ನಾವು ಮಾತನಾಡಬೇಕು) - If your partner says this, they want to tell you something serious or give you bad news.
4. I've met someone else(ನಾನು ಇನ್ನೊಬ್ಬರನ್ನು ಭೇಟಿಯಾಗಿರುವೆ) - You could say this if you meet someone you are more interested in romantically than your current partner (not just an acquaintance).
5. I think we should see other people (ನಾವು ಬೇರೆಯವರ ಜೊತೆ ಹೊರಗೆ ಹೋಗಬೇಕು) - In this expression, 'see' means "date" or "go out with".
6. I need some space (ನನಗೆ ನನ್ನ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ ಬೇಕು) - This means that the person needs time alone, or with friends, and not with you!
7. I need a break (ನಾನು ಈ ಸಂಬಂಧವನ್ನು ಮುರಿಯಬೇಕು) - This might mean that the person wants to split up for a short time only, but if you hear this you are probably getting dumped!
8. I need time to think (ನನಗೆ ಯೋಚಿಸಲು ಸಮಯ ಬೇಕು) - This is similar to taking a break, and means the person has to make some important decisions about the relationship.
9. My life is very complicated right now(ನನ್ನ ಜೀವನವು ಈಗ ಕಗ್ಗಂಟಾಗಿದೆ) - This is another way to say you don’t have time for a relationship, or it might just mean you are not interested in that person.
10. Let’s just be friends (ನಾವು ಕೇವಲ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರಾಗಿ ಇರೋಣಾ) - This probably means that they never want to see you again.
Doubts on this article