1. To get dumped - If someone breaks up with you, you can say you got dumped.
अरु ले तपाईं लाई छोड्नु
2. To split up - This means that two people have separated, without saying who dumped who!
3. We need to talk - If your partner says this, they want to tell you something serious or give you bad news.
केही गम्भिर कुरा गर्नु
4. I've met someone else - You could say this if you meet someone you are more interested in romantically than your current partner (not just an acquaintance).
मैले कसै अरु लाई भेटे (र उसलाई बढी माया गर्नु)
5. I think we should see other people - In this expression, 'see' means "date" or "go out with".
कसै अरु सित सम्बन्ध खोज्नु
6. I need some space - This means that the person needs time alone, or with friends, and not with you!
केही समय चाहिन्छ सम्बन्ध बाट
7. I need a break - This might mean that the person wants to split up for a short time only, but if you hear this you are probably getting dumped!
सम्बन्ध बाट केही समय को लागि छुट्टीनु
8. I need time to think - This is similar to taking a break, and means the person has to make some important decisions about the relationship.
मलाई सोच्ने समय चाहिन्छ
9. My life is very complicated right now. . . - This is another way to say you don’t have time for a relationship, or it might just mean you are not interested in that person.
मलाई सम्बन्ध मा चासो छैन, वा समय छैन
10. Let’s just be friends - This probably means that they never want to see you again.
Doubts on this article