2. à la carte: An à la carte menu means a menu with a separate price for each item.
3. Aperitif: a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
4. Cocktail: an alcoholic drink consisting of several spirits mixed with fruit juice, lemonade, etc.
5. Chef: a professional cook
6. Cutlery: utensils which are used to cut food.
7. Appetizer: a small dish of food or a drink taken before the main course of a meal to stimulate one's appetite.
8. Main course: the most substantial course of a meal.
9. Check: bill
10. Buffet: a meal consisting of several dishes from which guests serve themselves.
11. Coffee shop: an informal restaurant where coffee is served
12. Bartender: a person who mixes and serves drinks at a bar.
13. Bread basket: a container in which breads are kept to serve.
14. Busboy: a person who helps out in a restaurant (especially clearing and setting tables)
15. Condiments: types of sauces that are added for flavouring (e. g. mustard)
16. Complimentary: free of charge
17. Doggie bag: unfinished food that is packed up for the customer to take home
18. Gratuity: tip
19. Take out: food that is packed up and eaten at home
20. On the side: This is used when you want to request for a food item to NOT be put on top of another food item. E. g. For the salad, can we have the olive oil on the side?
Doubts on this article