1 ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (200 grams) all - purpose flour sifted
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
⅔ cup + 1 tablespoon (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
4 teaspoons (16 grams) baking powder
1 ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (450 ml) soy milk or dairy milk
2½ tablespoons (35 grams) vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F).
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
5. Don't over - mix!
6. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 22 cm (8 inch) pan.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool the moist chocolate cake on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar before serving.
9. Enjoy it!
Doubts on this article