Only a reader will know the bliss of reading. You can be lost in a book and not care about how the world around you is functioning because you are so deep into a world of your own. Reading opens up your mind to possibilities and imaginations.
Whether you prefer light romantic chick lits or fiction, whether you prefer non - fiction or something that will give you some insight on the world. We have a collection of the top five books from different genres that could be your beach or travel companion this year while you plan your summer getaways.
1. The Knight in Shining suit (Jerilee Kaye) : The book’s Synopsis says , Sometimes, getting over pain and betrayal means Getting Up, Getting Even and Getting a Better Man! A completely addictive and a romantic book for all those who wear their heart on their sleeve, this one is like a trip to fairyland making you want a prince charming of your own.
2. The Girl on the Train (Paula Hawkins) : If you haven’t had the chance to read this psychological thriller, now is the time to get your hands on this one. This book that also has a movie adaption, but we would totally prefer if you read the book because aren’t they always better. We bet you will not be sleeping till you are done.
3. How to fall in love (Cecelia Ahern): A completely captivating book that will not just make your heart melt because of the romance, but also make you laugh over and over again at the funny one liner comments and the crazy characters. This book is a definite must read because you just cannot put it down. This one will definitely make you fall inn life itself.
4. The Brain (David Eagleman): A 3lb mass of moist biological matter, the brain is locked away in the dark and silent fortress of the skull, and yet somehow it produces the extraordinary multi - sensory experience that comprises us, every day of our lives. This book about how the human psychology functions will have you glued to it for hours because it is just so damn interesting. Everything interesting you need to know about the human mind is in here.
5. Conversations with God (Neale Donald Walsch) : Have you ever had questions in your mind with no answers? Have you wondered what it would be like if only god could have answered them. This book is a dialogue between the author and god where he asks the questions and god answers. A definite read because you never know, some of his questions maybe exactly what you have been looking for an answer to.
These books are interesting and worth a read. Don’t forget to pack a paperback copy or a kindle version along with you on your summer vacation this year. Trust us when we say, nothing will give you better company that a good read.
Doubts on this article